Saturday, December 11, 2010

Anyone refer me to a cyanide dealer?

<-$2215>
You know all those feelings people claim they get? Knot in their stomach or bad taste in their mouth or... say... the want to strangle someone? Yeah, they're all real. I had them all tonight. 
Bypassing the night I had at the poker table, one single event had a huge toll on me. Additionally the kick while I was down right after a hand from above was extended to me did nothing to raise my spirits.
Here is how the hand played out:
My stack 640
My opponent 520
4-handed - I am on the under the gun and I straddle. It is raised to 15 by the big bilind and I make it 40 which is called. The flop comes 9 8 5 with two clubs. I bet 100 and my opponent thinks for a couple seconds then CALLS TIME and says he has to go pee really badly and runs off to the restroom. He had announced his need pre-hand and pre-flop as well. The dealer and I and the other players look at each other and unanimously announce that we have never experienced such a thing. Floor is called. He comes and by the time all is explained my opponent returns to my 100 bet. As the floor man is walking away he says "oh by the way you only have about 10 seconds left on 'time'". Around 25 seconds go by when the floor comes back counts down and says "ok your hand is dead". At which point my opponent goes "oh what? huh?" all confused as if he had just woken up. He then asks for a re-ruling. Amidst the confused player and the dealer and floor man the floor says "ok you have 5 more seconds to decide" WHAT THE FUCK??????? and my opponent says "all in". I'm beside myself and cant figure out what just happened. I'm faced with a decision when I should be sitting with 700 in front of me and we should be on the next hand. I should have mucked in disgust but I'm pissed and tilting and you can just imagine. I call with Jacks. No draws hit. He shows queens. I've made worse calls. 
Next hand I shove with A8 and the donks (seriously they were playing middle pair shitty kicker and such, of course he had to catch queens last hand) call me. Two callers to my 120 all in. I triple up with a flopped ace.  Soon after I get aces and the "Queens" are betting into me with a preflop raise. He flops two pair and turns a boat with 6 4 and I ship all my $ to him.  Unreal night. I was amongst all new people I didnt know and had little to no back-up. I should have just folded and cashed out...or just said FUCK NO, ITS A DEAD HAND. I was in a daze. The drive home was numb. 
I hope you guys do realize its not the money, I dont have endless amounts but I wouldnt put it on the line if I didnt have it. Its nights like this when you completely get fucked over that make me question why I even bother.
I guess I need to take a long six hour break from poker.
<-$2775>

No comments:

Post a Comment