Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finally off poker break (6 hour long break)

<-$2775>
The six hours went by quickly and I found myself at my buddy's house to play in a 9 person freeroll for $1,000. Everyone lasted through the first two hours or so, one thing led to another and I made the final 5, then 4, then 3, then 2. Somehow I couldn't overcome that last hurdle and I got 2nd in a winner take all. I get nada. I'm very surprised the talk rarely if ever went towards a chop. I offered a chop when I was heads up and ahead 40k chips to 20k chips but it wasnt acted upon so I hushed. Oh well. I shoved 3 hands in a row with a good hand after being card dead for a few orbits. The last I flopped middle pair and a straight draw. I went up against top 2nd top. A 10 and his top pair held up.
I proceeded to go to my regular game and played way longer than I wanted to. I set my time limit and it blew past me without me paying attention. I was in for two buyins and was finally able to make a run near the end when the table agreed to do a round of each (hold'em and omaha high only). I was able to catch a run of cards and won probably 5 pots in a row. Ended in a positive but had I been able to win the freeroll, which I was so close to doing, it would have been a welcome sight to my unsightly number.
<-$2605>

No comments:

Post a Comment