Saturday, November 27, 2010

Definitely feeling like the bug now.

<-$825>
Apparently after a positive that I was too tired to write about I had three negatives that I was even more reluctant to write about, therefore the posts were put on the back burner to the point that I kept forgetting about them. As time passed by I can't remember what happened night-to-night. I definitely need to try to get back to writing on a daily basis like I used to. Obviously I'm in a deeper hole than I was, the main reason being suckouts. The other reason is me being susceptible to going on tilt. In my last session I was having a good night and was up 3x when the place I was playing at combined the two short handed tables they had into a good table. Unfortunately I couldn't handle the gamble a couple of players brought with them; especially when one hand put me on severe tilt. I usually am good about avoiding tilt, not this night. AQ suited vs 105 off. I raise to 45 preflop, called by two. Flop Q 10 blank, I bet 50 to which the Asian (lol) shoves for 50 more, I call he shows the 10 5 and catches a 10 on the river. He proceeded to suck out on a couple other people before he lost all his stack. I have said this time and time again, you absolutely WANT people like that at the table in the long run. It just sucks a lot when you are the victim of the pre-implosion of their stack.
Let me rewind and see if I can remember some key hands in the downhill battle that I've endured lately.
In a nutshell:
+550 - Really good night inside and out. Only bought in once and lasted till game break. My peak was exactly a thousand stack which I gave back 200ish on to the same person I took it from near the end.
-600 - I got in very deep this game, was in deeper than the 600 I lost - with the last buy in I managed to get a few measly dollars back and 'only' be down that much on the night.
-160 - This night I started of playing superbly. I built my stack up fast but not with monster hands. Numerous times I played the person in the early going and was correct. I won one big hand with just a pair of aces and shitty kicker. I had my stack up to 700 a few hours in and thought it was going to be a great night when I ran into two hands. The first one was Aces, of course. People overplay big hands like that, I have learned not to. I made sure only a premium hand (or so I thought) would see a flop. It was raised to 20 which a bunch of people called preflop, 6 I think. I made it 125 total. I got one caller. The flop came king high and a bet of 40 was made into me and I raised it to 150 which was quickly called. He only had 40 behind... I didnt understand the call. The turn came a king and I knew I was beat...I still bet the 40 ...just in case lol. He shows KQ off suit. I struggled to see the value of calling the 105 additional preflop, but I still cannot. This made a big dent in my stack which would see its demise on the next hand. I look at AQ suited and make it 25 preflop, called by 2. Flop came A 7 A. Great! I can get back on track! ... not so fast.... I bet out 50, and my opponent tanks. He puts a stick out there, the other guy folds. I push over the top all in for about another 60 and he cannot put his chips in fast enough. He flips pocket sevens and I head for the door disgusted not even thinking about rebuying. 700 poof in 2 hands.
-600 - This latest cry for help to the poker gods I already partially told you about in the whining intro ^ up there. I was in control of my table for a long time and when it combined with the other I took one bad beat and unraveled. I bought back in and got some of the $ back when he left, still leaving a hole in my pocket.
When all the math is done I'm scared to even look at the number that I will calculate.
-825+550 = -275
-275 - 1360 = -1635
*gulp*
<-$1635>

No comments:

Post a Comment