Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sit down in that chair right there...

<-$1510>
...let me show you how it's done. Let me show you how to blow your whole stack ;)
I don't believe it myself but I came out of this day/night ahead. "only" almost three hundred but I'm devastated.
I'll try to make it quick because I need some sleep. The day began at noon on Saturday and ended at 5am on Sunday.
Pre-tourney cash game - yield +$85 due to final hand semi-bluff with top pair. +$85
$6k freeroll - 10 way final table chop for $600 each (equivalent of 4th place). +$685 (+600)
Post-tourney cash game. I made 3 sick calls, one with Qhigh & won a $300 pot, one with Ahigh and won a smaller pot and the 3rd busted me. I put a guy on a flush draw, so I raise his 20$ bet to all in for $102 with bottom pair. I have A4, 4 on the turn. He calls with ace high and rivers his gut shot straight. +$485 (-200)
I drive elsewhere while cooling off the steam and at this location I start with rivering a boat and I didnt look back for a long time. I owned the table with table talk and everything I did worked my way. I built my stack to $1100 from 2. Then we hit the bad beat!! The loser got $1200, winner got $950, and $120 per person for table share. Up to $1200. Then this nice hand occurs: 
I dont remember preflop details, maybe $20 pre, but the flop was checked around (mistake #1) Flop was Q 10 7. The turn came a 2 of spades. Checked around again to the button who bets $200, call, call, then me. I have top top with the nut flush draw - wow. I have to call. The river hits nothing. Once again checked to the button who bet 200 and we all mucked. Button had a set of ducks.
Two hands later I look down at aces. Raised to 12 before me, I make it 50 to go. One caller. I flop A 9 9 for a boat. I check & 80 is bet into me. I call. The turn makes a flush, I check. Its checked back. The river is blank. I'm first to act and I bet out 145 which is rapidly called. I got my $200 back and then some.
Aaaaaand for the main event: 
I raise $20 pre, 4 callers. The flop comes 6clubs 7? 9clubs. One guy goes all in for 190, fold, fold, all in for 700. Here I am, sitting on 1250. I apologize to the table and take my sweet time. In my monologue to the table I was able to pin point exactly my opponents' hands. 8 5 off (190ai) & 10 8 clubs (700ai). I wish I could have put them both on flush draws and noticed how few outs I really had. I was probably blinded by the amount of $ and maybe a little greed. It still doesn't take away from the fact that I had 7 outs with two cards to go, to win 900 + preflop pot. I had A J clubs and I called. I'm sure this post would have been titled differently if a club had come. 
I unraveled from that point on and sad to say I blew it all. Never again, never again. When is the right time to leave? How do you know when you have enough in front of you to leave? If you're a double up and go kind of person, you never see the possible highs. I have had plenty of highs, but also plenty of highs that came crashing down because I stayed. I went in on a draw, knowing I was behind. It is easier to let go of a hand when you know what you might have won when you didnt lose any in the process. 
I took a chance, shoot me now. 
No, really.
<-$1225>
(at my peak I had 1275, that could be a +50... lol ok ok now shoot me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment