Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug

<-$1225>
Whoa it's not daylight out yet, why am I leaving the poker house? Oh I got busted; go figure. Back to back ugly beats gave me the nudge to call it an early night. Last night was a good one in contrast. 
Last night I felt like I slowly took control of the table. It was full of people I knew and I could talk to and talk shit to. I laid low until I hit a flush on the turn and busted top two pair to push me over the double up threshold. Then I just started playing the people and when I got good cards I would raise and get called. Things went well and I was pleased. My peak was when I was sitting on a grand but I donated it back where I got it from within the last hour. In for 2, out with 760 after two hands of Mexican sweat at the end. 
Tonight I had AK several times. The game was 1/2/5 and I quickly noticed that one pot could make you or break you. I gained a large chip stack quickly and I thought I was easing into my talkative mood again where I would be able to take control of the table. It happened for a short time but I kept running into one opponent who seemed to have my number. Once on a big raise preflop with queens he flopped a king and I donated a little more on the c-bet only because he did not have much behind.
I was able to win three hands in a row to put me at my peak of nearly 700 when I had KJ, KK, and QQ hold up back to back to back. I had been in an awakened slumber 'till then. All awake and ready to play, about 10 hands later I look down at AA in my big blind. It was called around to me and I made it 25 to go. It was minraised to 50 and I proceeded to make it 125. The flop came King high and I thought for a moment my opponent might have flopped a set of kings because he rapidly called my 100 bet. The turn came another king which veered me off the pocket kings and I made the mistake of going all in. I had him covered by about 150. I was instantly called by KQ off. I couldn't have put him on that calling my re-raise preflop. It stung.
I still had my buyin in front of me of 160ish. The very next hand I looked down at AQoff. In the small blind this time I make it 20 on top of the minraise someone made to 10. Two callers and the flop comes A 7 A.
I bet out 25 and after alot of acting the first opponent makes it 50. After the other person folds I go all in and get snap called by (what else could it be) pocket 7's. Bam Bam my seven towers fell in two hands. 
I believe if I had not made the mistake of shipping most of my stack to the QK with my untimely all in on the turn, I would have given whatever would have been still standing in front of me to the flopped sevens full.
Two nights, 400 profit. It has been worse ;)
<-$825>

No comments:

Post a Comment