Friday, October 22, 2010

Can't touch this, na na na na, na na, can't touch this

<-$690>
Three wins in a row, booya; at mexican sweat that is. At least I can console myself that it is a kind of poker.
As for hold'em, I was kind enough to give back my winnings from last session. Mexican sweat did allow me to be about $50 in profit over the course of the two days.
The night seemed to get off on the right track when I rapidly hit a king high flush on the turn after creating a nice sized pot for myself just for such a case. I made a big bet on the river and my opponent almost folded the nut flush thinking I had a full house; but he didn't. His call halved my original buy in which dwindled down to 60. I stayed in that range for a prolonged period of time, winning and losing pots back and forth. I finally was able to double up on a flopped set, but the recently procured chips headed to another player soon when I rivered two pair vs his flopped set. I soon get tired of being the short stack and push all my chips in on a raised pot to 12. The one person I did not take under account shoves over the top with a higher pair than me and drags the pot when it is all said and done. This game was now down to 4 players and they chose to break.
I decided to try my luck at another game and once again bought in for the standard 200. After a while of fluctuation I ended up losing my buyin on a full out bluff and got another 200. In for quite a bit, I slowed down and tried to only play premium hands. About an hour later I played 7 9 of hearts. I flopped a flush draw and turned an open ended straight. I led out on every street and was delighted to see the jack on the river which gave me a straight and the second nuts; only KQ would beat me with broadway. I was able to double up on this hand since my opponent also flopped a flush draw and rivered two pair. It would have been the end of me if my flush had shown up. I stayed around the same stack size for the rest of the night until near the end when I went on a slight bad run. I was flopping hands but my opponents would have me outkicked or just a slightly better hand. Unfortunately I dove back down to my original second buy in plus some loose change. A few people had gotten busted by now and we were down to three handed so we decided to end it. Of course after a couple of hands of mexican sweat with the loose change at risk. I took down both hands giving me back a little over 100 of my first buy in. It was an odd night but I am glad one of my friends that had been in a slump made a very hefty profit, at my expense in some instances.
<-$990>

1 comment:

  1. This goes for this sitting and every other sitting you have...

    I know you like playing. I know you enjoy it. I enjoy playing also. But goddamn it dude, I cannot stress how -ev you run when you're playing short handed constantly. I've told you this before! Lol.

    ReplyDelete