Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dude! Where's my update?!?!

<-$990>
Whoa! Have I been neglecting posting my sessions or what...?
You guys didn't really think I took a break from playing, right? I can't go a couple of days without hanging out at a poker table, let alone what the span between my posts has been.
The update will be positive. I think. I have to retrace my steps since the last post. I have had four sessions, therefore three posts missed. 
First session: -$300 
= -$1290
Second session:  +$25
= -$1265
Third session: +$600 
= -$665
Fourth session: -$165
= -$830
_The first session loss was comprised of two main hands. I was on tilt and decided to re-raise someone's little $12 bump to 40, call and reraise to me, where I shipped it since I had little more than the re-raise and a call behind me. JJ (me) vs KK vs another person's JJ. Needless to say I lost that. I bought back in for 100 and lost it on pocket 9's with the board all lower than the 9. I bet on the flop somewhere about 20 or 25 and got called by a gutshot who caught on the turn. I bet again all-in and lost.
__The second session is a blur. I just remember that it was a slight positive after playing for a long long time.
___The third session was just the other night. I was in for 400 and I kept getting sucked out on. I walked my first buy-in loss and bought back in just in time to see jacks. I took one person out with them and gained 70 on the  first hand. Soon after I looked at 77. Flop showed me a set and I checked. Heads up, 20 was bet into me and I called. The turn did not threaten my hand & I checked again. My opponent bet 20, I raised it to 60 fairly quickly, he said all-in to which I insta-called. Doubled it up to 500 and started finally feeling good about my progress. I would soon get sucked out on again with Kings and then Jacks, where I put all my money (or put my opponent all in) in good on the flop and they caught runner runner. I got my revenge a few dealers later when I looked down at ladies and flopped top set with a diamond draw out there. I was in middle position and raised it to $145 after the first person bet 60. As I looked for the next person to act, I get surprised by a person in between who I did not know was in the hand. He calls, fold, fold. The turn is an ace, not affecting the flush draw. I go all in and get instantly called. I just hope he does not have pocket aces. This turned into a huge pot since we were about evenly matched with 600 in front of us. It turns out he just had a flush draw and did not catch. Phew. I flirted with the $1200 mark all night and finally started playing very loosely in the end when we became short handed. I cashed out an even 1000.
____Tonight's session was long, quite resembling the third session. We ended the game when the sun was up in the sky at 8am. It was a fun session though. I cannot recall many if any hands. For the first several hours, while I dug myself a hole, we played the usual hold'em. In the closing 6 hours, we played omaha hi/lo mostly, however, it was dealer's choice. I was down 300 with about 100 still sitting in front of me when we made the switch. I hadn't played omaha in a long time and it took me loosing the last 100 and taking the third buy down to 80$ to finally get my wits back. I brought the $80 all the way back to $450. It was worth the up and down to regain my omaha knowledge which was stored in the back of my brain.
<-$830>

No comments:

Post a Comment