Sunday, October 17, 2010

Down, up, down, up, down, misstep; darn!

<-$985>
Ahem! Hi. Let me start in the middle.
Pt 1. As the night progressed the game got quite big and I was enjoying it sort of from the sidelines. I was in for nearly 400 and not doing much of anything. I went up and down and back up and back down. I was up into profit at one point; I raised preflop, bet the flop and turn decently big and it was folded to me on the river for a nice pot where I didnt have to show my hand. Low and behold two hands later I look at A6 and three people before me had put 25 in preflop... alright I called. Flop A 6 9. Check, check, all in for 110. I shove over the top so it ends up being heads up and it is. A6 vs AQ. Turn blank river 9. Yay counterfit... fuck. Queen plays as the kicker to his two pair. Back in the red and I was clawing my way back when the game went bust. Cashed out only a little down. 
Pt 2. A friend of mine from this game wanted to know the location of another game I have played at so off we went there at 5am, ha. This being a little bigger of a game and the stacks reflecting a game in progress for a while, I bought in for 300. I lost 100 rather quickly while chasing a draw. I called preflop because of pot odds, then realized those players tended to be unable to fold preflop...thus each pot was big. I chased for two streets and gave up. 
I flopped a couple of sets early on and made a portion of my money back. Then I lost a little bit and back to 200 I was. The gentleman (I mean that very lightly) in this pot had been pushing people around, at least in my opinion. The guy before him raises to 15, he calls, another calls, I call. Flop 3 6 7 rainbow. Check, he bets 40, fold, then to me. Here I have all 3 options obviously, call - raise - fold. I just believed he was doing the same as the past few hands and made the misstep of shoving, 140 on top. He sat there for a bit and finally called with pocket Kings.. I was dominated from the get-go but I thought wrong all the way. I had tens. Bad play on my part, should have known better but all on me. Two steps forward one step back. Gettin' back on the horse will not be too hard, I'm not taking this loss too badly.
<-$1425>

No comments:

Post a Comment