Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back in Black

<-$230>
Lets start by saying Ive been meaning to do this for a while now.
What better time than when I finally got out of the red in my bankroll... - w00t.
I did need some help though... from a pretty dumb and boozed up individual haha.
First of all I was nice and chose to stake a friend, so a good deed gets rewarded - but my patience was definitely tested ...maybe endurance and practice in folding is more like it.
I started the day stuck $230 since I started keeping track of my 'roll
I took $200 with me and got to  $350 rather fast... caught a flush on the turn and got paid off.
I proceeded to go card dead for a good several hours while the game got short handed.
Finally a fun-loving money-hating guy sat down and the table got fun but still frustrating as I still had no cards.
Down to my starting stack, I caught pocket 9's to this fella's preflop raise to 15. 
Call, 9c Jc 4h flop. i bet 25, he makes it 60, i shove for another 115 on top. insta-called by an open ended draw with Q10. Turn blank (3d), river 4. Boat. Stack $420.
Confidence on my side... I catch a few hands but nothing going. Soon I get QJ ...flop two queens.
The turn apparently puts something that could potentially be mistaken for a straight (nonexistent though) because once again all our chips are all in. I check, he bets out 17 on the flop. Call. $50 more on the turn, I make it an even stick. He shoves (I have him covered by 50ish) and I instantly say call.
Him claiming he has a straight scares me half to death before I realize there is no possibility of making a straight with the cards on the board. River blank enough for me not to remember what it was... 
Game soon breaks. I cash out over $800, finally back in the black zone of my poker adventure.
<+$412>

No comments:

Post a Comment