Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Loosestar

<-1950>
Due to coming home late and needing at least a little bit of sleep, I neglected to create a post on the first day of my break. What a start to my break! What better way to start it than with a poker game? Lol. I was happy with my latest result therefore I felt I had some momentum and was going to gain some of my prior losses. WrOnG!
It started with a friend of mine & I going to our usual room. Unfortunately the game was already breaking as we walked in and because of us it didn't break. We played 5 handed for about an hour, all the while talking about going to Winstar as a group. I bought in and lost my first short buy-in on an all-in where I believed I had the best hand. I obviously didn't. I doubled my second short buy with a couple of fun hands. I rivered the nut flush vs another flush and flopped a slightly disguised straight with 10 8 - flop 9 7 6.
Finally we all decided to head north. I hadn't been up there in a long time; I was hoping for a good night to store in my memory bank about the place. As it usually is in the middle of the night, it was quiet and it had few tables open. I was trying to decide whether to play 2/5 or 1/2. Given my recent stroke of luck, I chose on the latter so I would have a couple of buy-ins just in case. I was catching hole cards left and right; they were gorgeous looking. Not a single flop would match them. I proceeded to become short stack due to pre-flop raises with mostly suited connectors (none were even gapped... it was 910, J10, 78, QK, etc.). Out of frustration I shoved with 56 of hearts, called by pocket sixes which held up. First rebuy, last rebuy. I sat tight and started folding for a change. It did help that I wasn't getting any cards to play with. The few hands I did play I lost to a slightly higher kicker and I got down to 71 when I looked down at pocket sevens.
There was a guy to my left who once every orbit or so, would raise preflop a ridiculous amount, get a couple callers, then shove on the flop and everyone would fold and get shown a bluff. He got caught one time and was exposed but nobody seemed to notice; weird. On my particular hand he raised to 50 preflop and it got folded around to me. I had little over that bet, I put him on two overs to my cards at best, so I shoved. He made a face and said he had to reluctantly call. The flop was all low cards below 7. I felt confident. The turn paired the board and the river I cannot even remember. He shows 4 2. The flop had a four and it just so fucking happened to be the same card that paired the board on the turn. Seriously? 
Sadly enough I will ALWAYS want that, and any other, guy who plays like that in my pots. Suckouts are part of the game. The sooner we realize it, the sooner we can keep pushing forth. In the long run the better hand wins.
<-2250>

No comments:

Post a Comment