Thursday, September 30, 2010

Luckbox! ...Unlucky luckbox!

<-$2250>
How about we concentrate on how I turned $4 into $300 instead of how I got down to the $4 in the first place? Yeah, sounds good to me. Alright, alright, but I'll make it short. I'm trying to cut down on the whining about bad beats haha. Well there was the one hand where I turned the nut straight, aka broadway, and a boat was rivered against me. Several nice flops where I had top top and the river paired my opponent for two pair. To begin it all I was up against an open-ender with ace high and I river an ace, wrongly assumed I was good and called the made straight's bet. Okay I'm done.
I disgustedly call $2 with $4 left, I chose not to shove lol. The two bucks got raised to seven and a friend throws me three bucks so I can compete for the full main pot. I had 2 4 suited and hit my deuce on the flop! Down to 3 handed, the turn was a 9. Once the blank (to me) river hits, a guy bets and gets the other person to fold. He shows and proceeds to muck. This all happened pretty quick and I had not revealed my hand yet. His hand is deemed dead and my duck takes the $28 main pot. 
Soon after the excitement of having nearly SIX red chips donated to me by a misstep, I shoved with KJ suited. Everyone called. The flop gave me gut shot and I hit my 10 on the turn for broadway, but alas it also hit a potential flush on the board. Everyone checked the rest down & I am the only one with a hand. Take it doooown! 
The rest is a lot of short handed play, mostly 3 handed where I played the part of a bully with the short stack. One good hand I had was pocket twos. I raise to 17 preflop, the flop comes 5 4 3. I tell myself I'm shoving if an ace comes on the turn lol. I bet out and get the $20 called by one. The turn came an ace like I called it, I once again bet 20. The river does put a potential flush on the board, but I bet at it once more and it is folded to me. I drag a decent sized pot for 3 handed and am satisfied. A few more hands passed and we called it a night. 
I turned $4 into $298. Had to dig a hole for myself first though. My best to date had been $30 into $700... this may have been better. Is this the change I've been looking for? One can only hope. 
There are not going to be any more posts with the negative number increasing.
<-$2310>

No comments:

Post a Comment