Friday, September 3, 2010

Jack in the night

<+412>
I suppose that in order to make money, one must get unstuck first. Correct?
Surely it is when you lose your first two buy-ins within the first hour cause you're dumb.
Had I been someone else I might have called it a night and left...down $400 - but noooooo...
In my defense, there was a lot of dead money on the table, and more coming.
Tonight was a tale of big slick and pocket jacks. The latter of which was my best friend; I saw them five times.
I saw big slick a few more times than jacks, but the only pots I won with it were pre-flop raises not called by anyone. I did, however, lose my first two buyins with AKsuited. One of which was a 4-way all-in for a 700$ pot. Flop is 9 Q J. One guy flops a straight, 'nother has top 2 pair and third person didn't show. I river broadway but that means nothing if the turn is another jack for a full house for contestant #2! 
After a third buy, now in for 700, here comes mighty Marco. 
I didn't get aces once in this long 8 hour session, but kings, queens and my aforementioned jacks played a big role in the successful $400 surprise win.
Soon after the latest rebuy, kings double me up as big winner contestant #2 flops top top (top pair top kicker) and thinks its good enough. I was now sitting on 580 and just a bill from even. I'm stoked. Funny part is I cannot recall how I went from 600 to 1150 but that was my high point in the night. I know I had a couple more sets of jacks and one just jacks holding up against an AK which didn't connect with anything on the board.
Its never that easy to just rack up and leave... ha! There has to be another down and back up - swing.
I got the downswing out of my system after calling a 75$ river bet with just ace high. Yep I did it... lost, but I did it and proud of it. I was beat by bottom pair on the board...I had the right read ...he had shit; I had worse shit :p
I proceeded to take about 250 back with ladies against the same person and I was back to my nearly 1,100.
Caught b2b big slick near the end of the night but its probably not even worth the mention it just received.
All in all... stuck unstuck and jacks bailed me out. Seven come eleven, in for 700 out with 1100. $50/h :p
<+802>

No comments:

Post a Comment