Saturday, September 11, 2010

I leave bearing gifts...

<-200>
Blahhhhh! As i write this, keep in mind I did still have quite a good night. I'm very happy with my play and the outcome is favorable, but it could have been so much better!! As you see, by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the post, I made about 450. I did, however, lose over half my stack in the last 20 minutes. I was sitting pretty on $1,240 when I got K 10 suited hearts. I raise to 20 preflop, called by two. Flop K 10 8. I bet out 25, then raised to 60 and the 60 called by the 3rd person who was drunk and pretty much not a factor. It comes around to me and I put 100 on top. Both call (the latter is now all in - irrelevant), ugh. Turn is a 5. I bet 100, he calls. river is another 5. Check check. He flopped a set of tens. -$400 on that hand. Little later the game is winding down, I look down at Kings. I raise 25 preflop and get called by two of the three players left other than me. flop 9 6 9. Long story short he called with 9 10 suited, like I would have done. I bet 35 on the flop, 100 on the blank turn and we both check the river. Down to what I cashed out. I gave out gifts in the amount of $600 for my bday in 20 minutes lol.
The road to success was very sweet. I cannot pinpoint any particular hand that was a huge pot. It was a slow and steady build, from the 210 I bought in for to the peak of 1250. I played well and timed my bets and aimed for specific victims and it paid off. I busted a few people several times. They happily went to the ATM and reloaded, putting a big ATM sign over their head that I tapped into.
One memorable moment of the night was when I got the only pocket aces of the whole night. I raise, re-raised, re-re-raised...blah blah all in I insta-call, Aces vs Aces. ...chop pot! SURPRISE!

<+255>



No comments:

Post a Comment