Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quite a pricey meal, wouldn't you say?

<+360>
 Fold, fold, JJ. Third hand, yay its going to be a good night! I raise to 15, 3 callers. Flop A 9 blank. I check, check after me, then $30 bet. Everyone folds including me. He shows an ace. Cool, good fold. 
K4 K4 K4 K4 Q2 23 32 J5 82 72 6Q, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, card dead for the rest of the night. One time I got Q8 suited spades so I decided to play it, flopped a flush draw and missed it the rest of the way. I did however bet every street so I tried a bluff on the river, $60 bet and I got called by both other players - one rivered trips, other boated up on the river lol. Q8 was also the undoing of my first buy in. Once again suited Q8 clubs this time. I raise it 15 preflop, 2 callers. Flop comes Q 8 9 - all spades. WRONG BLACK DAMN IT. Checked back to me. Now, I don't want to see another spade, I bet 50. Called by both. I put them on trying to draw out on me with high spades. Turn is a 3 of clubs. I feel safe after they both check again. I don't have much left, I shove for about 60ish. Re-raise all in for 700, as well as an insta-"aw, I call....".
Aw shucks...I have 4 outs haha, a Queen or an 8 that don't show up. Jack high flopped flush vs 6 5 of spades who also flopped it. Out $300.
Usually I would leave being as card dead as I had been, but the game is shorthanded now and there are 3 big stacks at the table that I know can get very loose with their money. I buy back in for $260.
Not much to say here, I go after my read which was correct all along and I get sucked out on by a heart flush on the river for my stack. I straddle - 5handed. 3 callers, I then raise 15 on top. Both call. Flop 9 8 5 with two hearts. I had suited 10 9 of spades and I flop top pair. I feel I'm ahead, BB checks and I bet out 25 - call, call. Ok maybe I'm not ahead, but I also know one of the two can be calling with nothing at all or a draw. Turn is a 3. Check to me, I bet 50. One stays in and min-raises me, the aforementioned person. I put him on hearts and shove over the top all in, probably about 100 more. He calls without much animation with the nut flush draw and hits the 5 of hearts on the river. Oh well, pretty sucky.
I had a couple burgers and 2 sprites during this whole ordeal. I made sure to go to the fridge and grab two more sprites when I left to balance out my expenses for the night.
I'm surprised I ended up writing so much about such a crappy night. Next time will be better, at least its all I can hope for.
<-$200>

No comments:

Post a Comment