Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hole cards no good unless crap...DUH

<+590>
Where to start? I guess chronologically would be most suitable.
I did play on Saturday although I made no effort to post about it as I had little effort at the table.
I don't even know how long I played. Got short stacked quick & raised with J10 to 15 in a $1/2/5, flop two jacks, bet 25, guy shoves all in way over me with a diamond draw with 24d, diamond on the river, I lose and I get a long nights sleep. 
Last night was a little different. Long session and I was stuck most of the night. Mostly due to untimely good hands that were beaten. I probably misplayed them as well which did not help my situation.
Don't remember how I spread my first 200 amongst the table... I'm sure it was dumb. CHECKS! Quite a bit of money on the table now, make it a Vegas table max buy in of $300.
Lots of limping at this time so I raise to 15 with aces called by 2. Flop 8 6 8. I bet out 40. I'm already pretty dead. Called by same two. 10 on the turn. Guy checks, I check, one guy bets 70, next guy calls, I make it 165. Fold, then a pondering call. River is a 9.  He checks and I give up & check. I may have missed a river all in, but this guy was a calling station so I probably would have been busted. A8 vs AA. Good check.
I build back up a little to 300ish. In a hand with the same guy later on, I raise a suited 2gapper to 15. Two calls. Flop 6 7 K. I flop top pair. I bet out 30. Called by one. Turn is a 9. Top 2 pair. I bet 50 - raised to 100. (this is where I should fold) I shove, he calls. River blank. I figure 8 10 suited. 8/5 off suit. Oh well. Looking back I would have done the same in his shoes, just stings. I take a one hand break then put in the last bill I had in my pocket. 
Absolutely card dead I just blind my stack away. Catch a hand here and there and get walks. 3 to be exact. 
I get frustrated, call off a couple pre0flop raises, then fold as I completely whiff and my stack gets cut in half.
Fuck it, I'll resort to "trickery" and gambling. l play a hand half blind. I announce to the table I only looked at one card and I did. Its the ace of diamonds and I shove for 61. Fold all around then one caller. He has my favorite hand, pocket 6's. I flip over the ace of hearts. Its red ...same thing. Then I flip over the ace of diamonds. I do a double take...haha. I can't believe it and I'm sure everyone thinks I'm full of shit. Wait, that's not all, flop 3 4 5. Too many outs syndrome prevails and he misses the billion cards he could have hit.
Still pretty bored even after that excitement. I raise and bet on the flop with nothing and take down a few pots.
I'm supposed to have already left due to work @ 5am and I start catching cards...fun fun. Before all that, I do play 10 2 successfully bluffed all the way and I had JUST enough for a call-liking person to fold, $75. Up to 220ish. I call last orbit. Lots of limping so I follow suit. Then I change my mind. J7, K7, 108 all suited hearts, raised to 15. People know I'm pressured to leave and I'm stuck. I'm making moves, right? J 7 4 flop. 65ish win. K7, flop K 7 10 turn blank river K. I misplayed this hand though, I could have potentially doubled up... I was getting called quickly on the flop and turn so I blind bet 50 and my opponent insta-folded. made about 100$ in any case. 108, whiff the flop, fold. Just felt like putting it in there.
An extremely lucky finaly 20 minutes made me back everything but $195. I'll take nights like this if there in fact IS a flipside to making some money in the near future. Still up, yay. Play shit people, it pays off sometime.
Oh yeah on a side note: I found out today I work with Doyle Brunson's niece. I also found out a new name for a hand, 2Q
DUCK BITCH!
<+395>

No comments:

Post a Comment