Sunday, September 26, 2010

Little itty bitty step forward

<-2130>
Just as I proclaimed a couple of days ago, I played a tournament Saturday and a tournament on Sunday. Both were quite uneventful for me. I played well in both but one (or two?) little mistakes and you're out! 
The Saturday tourney was free. I made the right folds until the blinds were threatening to take over my stack and to a 3x bb raise, I went all in with KQoff for 4,700 and was called by AK. 1out.
The Sunday tourney was a paid/rebuy one. I built my stack to double the initial of 4,000 and sat on it. I got pocket 8's and to one person's all in, I called. I wasn't sure why the bet big, so I believed I was ahead and I was. I was also relieved to hear "i had an ace, I folded an ace also" when people at the table saw the AK of my opponent. I was dealing and I turned the case ace - 2out. Rebuy. The very next hand I got pocket 9's. The blind level and break time were approaching; what was also approaching was the end of rebuy periods at the same time. Before me, one guy went all in and my buddy called him/goes all in as well. I thought they either are both pulling a move or one of them had high suited cards and the other was pulling a move. I'm wrong on both accounts; one has jacks the other rockets! As the flop comes we all read it out loud to see what outs we had, unfortunately for me if my outs came, one of my two opponents would make a higher hand. I was just about drawing dead. The river came an ace, giving the aces a set but my buddy hit a miracle straight. 3out. Okay, last rebuy, for one because the rebuy period is over, for two because you are only allowed to rebuy twice and I exhausted all my attempts. I made this stack last a while, however, I don't even recall what hand I was busted out on. *shrug* So now I'm on break, right?
Oh I forgot, I have to drop off something to a dealer friend of mine... I have to go to where she works. Could it be a card room perhaps? Ha. When I get there and the game is in full swing with maybe 7 players and a lot of pushing of nice pots back and forth. One guy in particular was drunk and anyone around could just see his stack slowly disappear in front of their eyes. I sat for a while admiring all these lucky people who were playing with this guy, I just knew someone would catch him. "Fine, I give in; get me 100 in chips"
I sat tight and waited for a hand, in the meantime that guy's stack has gone from 900 to 600 to 400 etc. 
I get tens, raise prefllop to 20, 2 callers. Flop was 9 high so I shove, everyone folded. The drunk guy busted out, another big stack left & the game was coming to a close soon. I had 7 8 suited and I limped in for $2. 3 people in he hand and the flop gave me gut shot. Someone bet 6 at it; sigh, 'I call' (everyone knows I don't do gut shots) as does the other player. I hit my 6 on the turn for a 9 high straight, I bet 15. They both call and the river is a blank. I now get 20 bet into me and I make it 45, one call and one fold. I win.
The last memorable hand of the night for me was AK suited where I turned a king and I snap-called a $50 bet on the river to take it down. Up near 300 now, just a Jackson below. One more player soon busted and the game was over. Wow, what happened? I cashed out?...& I cashed out up?
How 'bout that break, huh? :p
.......I was talking to a friend of mine at work today and I may just follow what he does, partially at least, for a while. Just buy in small stack and nurture it. If you lose, beat it. He goes after a double up and he's happy to leave 100% profit, smart. I'll just stick to the short buys of 100 for now I suppose and see how that goes.
<-1950>

2 comments:

  1. Oh you can say my name. I went all in because I was hoping to either double up or rebay, that and I was so excited to look down and see something worth playing.

    I don't want to know who won the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I just chose to never mention names. I say some stupid shit sometimes lol. Yeah YOU DONT want to know who won haha. Kiddin'

    ReplyDelete