Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cooler Talk

<-450>
 Dumbfounded, shellshocked, astonished, stunned, speechless, stupefied and taken aback. All words that can describe my feelings as of about 30 minutes ago. Tonight was the night of coolers for me, or against me. Only two coolers happened, but in a session where I know I played well and did a good job, they stung big time. 
I started with a 200$ stack as I often do. I played very tight for the first hour or so. I finally played a big hand and won it, and showed, thus establishing a certain image which allowed me to bluff a few times. I built my stack to a little over 300. I then played K10 off. It was straddled and someone min-raised to 10. I called along with 4 other people. Flop was K Q 9, two hearts. First to act goes all in for 35. One call and one fold and its to me; I decide to call. Turn is my money card, Jack and not a heart. It is now heads up and my opponent bets 50, I then raise to 120 and get called reluctantly. The river is pretty blank, 5clubs. I shove for 93, kind of looking to be called. He folds,and I take down the hefty & nice pot of 300ish with the straight. I'm up near 500. 
Up and down a little bit then I get Jacks. Someone had straddled; I make it 20 and get 3 callers. Flop is 3 4 5 rainbow. I bet out 60. Fold, all in for 190, fold, then to me. I insta-call. Aces. Blank turn and river, I lose. Back down to 340. Cooler #1: .Little bit of tilt and a small loss here and there I get down to 150. I get AQ suited and its a raised pot preflop to 30. Flop is AJ6. I go all in, get insta-called (she warned me and told me to take my bet back but I had shoved my stack out there - the dealer and I agreed I was all in) she had AK. No queen shows up.
I buy back in for $150 and proceed to turn it into 500 again rather quickly. One of the hands that doubled me up was pocket 8's called by AQ on a lower than my pair board. Something like 2 3 6 or so. They held up and I was on my way. People are getting tired and/or busted by now and the game is in its final stages. 
Cooler #2: It goes down to 3 handed. I get K J clubs. Mandatory straddle, I raise to 25. Called by one. I'm still in shock so I dont quite remember the flop exactly or the betting, I believe the flop was 2 3 4 one club, the 3. We both check. Turn is another 4 - the 4 of clubs. I believe I bet out 40. I get called. River is 5 of clubs. He bets 75. I hollywood a little but I'm sure I'm golden. I think for a split second of A2 clubs for the steel wheel (straight flush wheel) but I laugh at myself for it. I more likely put him on the nut straight with 67 or so. This player has done this so many times to me, hit gutterballs on the river after going all board without anything. I make it an even $200 - two fisted raise. He's a bit boozed up but it takes him a few to shove his whole stack in. He has me covered not by much. I started the hand with 425 or so. I stand up and make some muffled noises like groans ...I guess inside I knew I was beat but I didnt give myself time to think it out...just couldn't fold anyways... 3 handed come on - I'm golden. Aren't I? Two numbers and one word.
6 2 clubs
<-$800>

No comments:

Post a Comment