Friday, September 24, 2010

*suckout noise*

<-$1810>
The night began slow and downhill. I probably played too many hands too soon and lost my first buy in in a slow and steady manner. I reloaded for 150 more and played very tight. During the course of the whole night, until it got to 4 handed I believe I maybe played 5 or 6 hands total. I was tight! I stuck to pocket pairs and suited connectors as well as pocket face cards. A memorable hand that gave me some momentum was a set I turned. I raise preflop and don't recall the number of callers; the raise was 12. Flop comes 7 5 K. I check and a bet of 21 is made into me. It seems like an odd bet and I'm torn on whether its a flush draw or simply a king; I decide to call 21 and fold if the turn does nothing for me and is a heart, or reevaluate if it isn't a heart. The turn is a 9, my set card. I bet out 35 this time and get raised to 100... I have little left over the raise so I go all in and get called. He has KQ, river is a queen but he was drawing dead regardless as a king would have given me a boat. I double up and am more confident in my strategy of playing tight.
My boosted morale goes down a little bit while I bleed chips by calling preflop with nice cards but not coming even close to hitting and not wanting to start bluffing at pots where I would get called down.
A long while goes by and I have another pocket pair, this time a bit higher. I raise to 20 preflop and get 4 callers.That is a few more than I wanted but oh well, I would soon wish I had raised more and gotten all the calls also. Flop comes A J J. I bet out 15 and get raised to 60. I smooth call as I have two more behind me; one of them seems to want to call but they both muck. The turn is a deuce and after it is checked to me I check as well; bad move in retrospect. The river is another deuce. I bet 40 and I soon see my opponent reaching for an additional hundred on top of my bet. I'm very happy to see the raise but I know that my shove will not be called because, did I mention,  I have the stone cold nuts and the remainder of my chips will not be called by the bottom end of the boat. I have to attempt a re-raise anyways, I therefore put out another 120 over her raise. She asks if I really have pocket aces and we just wait a while until she folds and I flip over my pocket Jacks for the flopped nuts and high hand of the night. This is where the good in my night ends and the bad begins.
The game starts winding down and I start going downhill with it. At first I'm just sticking to my gameplan and playing tight and conservative. I bleed a few chips as is to be expected and am soon back down to my buy in (original+rebuy) and feeling the pressure of having lost all my profit. A few people leave and I hit a hot streak of cards... too bad they ALL lose. 3 hands in a row I am dealt kings, eights and aces. The cherry on top was my aces getting cracked. I raise a straddled hand to 25, called by two including the straddle. Flop is something like 3 6 7. I notice my opponent reaching for chips so I check. He goes all in for a little over 120, one fold and my insta-call. The turn is a 3, river is a 6. Runner runner boat, although the trip 3s had me beat already on the turn. 
I have high hand so $100 is waiting for me at the cage... I try my luck again and am soon dealt AK off. I have an extremely drunk and loose player in the hand with me, calling my 25 preflop raise. The problem is that I cannot put him on a hand since he is so wreckless... but I stick to my guns and believe AK is going to be good. Flop is low 2 4 7, I check, he bets 25 and I call. The turn is a five. He could have played anything and I decide to see where he is at. I go ahead and bet 25 this time. He has a large chipstack since he felted me earlier when I had the string of pocket pairs so he doesn't care... calls easily. The river is a 3. Hey I hit a miracle straight, yay. I have 50ish left so I go all in, get instantly called by the other miracle straight that was hit by the guy holding 6 10 in his hand.
I'm done, disgusted at the beats I took on yet another night when I believe I played well and could not get anything accomplished as far as climbing back out of the poker bankroll hole.
To the reader: I have a tournament I will be playing on Friday and one on Saturday, after that I will take a break for a little while. I have to figure out why I am playing well and getting constantly sucked out on, night in night out. I can't even say I'm running bad, I am getting good cards, getting my money in good, but it is just not holding up. A break will do me good although I have said I don't believe in breaks and I believe in playing through a bad run; this run has gone on long enough.
<-$2130>

3 comments:

  1. This sounds bad....but can you start running good after this evenings tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to know why you're running bad? Because you think you're playing good but you're playing bad. TALK TO ME BRO. I'm here to discuss whatever you need & provide an outsider's perspective. Am I the best? No, obviously not, but I feel you're playing a lot of hands not very optimally. You're calling so constantly like it's a strong move when a lot of the times your call is weak as all hell. I'm home all the time dude & can talk cards all day -- don't turn down a helpful resource cause you're stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Jon.
    Mikey I tend to agree with you. I was also told by several players that they can see I'm way off my game. Honestly I'm not used to this kind of negative swing and I'm trying to change something to compensate. As for talking cards all day... I don't have the time lol. Text me - sure... I just work & play, go out n have fun. Let me know more in specifics about hands I can read back about on here...I'll prob remember them anyways.

    ReplyDelete